xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Mental health weekend

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mental health weekend


This weekend my parents are going to LA and desperately need somebody to watch their house and feed their cat for the 36 or so hours that they're gone.

*cough*

I do this occasionally, when my parents go out of town I drive the 30 minutes from my house to theirs and I spend the weekend watching TV in their impeccably clean house and petting their impeccably clean cat (just the one!). There are no kids and no alarm clocks and a bed all to myself and the hours fucking FLY by at warp 9, and I just blink once and suddenly it's time to go home, but it's totally worth it. (I'll try not to blink this time).

Lately I've been feeling like there's too much pressure from too many sources; like things are pressing in on me from all sides: too much work, too many kids, too much messy house, too many things to do. I definitely need this break, even if it's only for the nanosecond or so that it lasts.

I'm in the middle of Season 2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer; there are 7 seasons of that shit! Have you noticed how there's absolutely no blood in that show? I've been spoiled by True Blood, the "realistic" vampire show. Every time somebody gets hurt in Buffy, I think "just drink the vamp blood, you'll be fine!" I guess it doesn't work that way. At least nobody sparkles.