xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: I'm tired of autism

Friday, April 20, 2012

I'm tired of autism



I'm tired of autism. I'm tired of talking about it. I'm tired of thinking about it. I'm tired of "being aware" of it. I'm tired of hearing about it, reading about it, seeing tweets, Facebook posts, articles, news stories and emails..... about it.

I would like to take a break from autism, please.

Can we talk about something else for a little while? I don't need to know about any new theories about what causes it. Yes, I've heard about the CDC statistics, thank you. Don't tell me about conferences or speakers or events happening in my area, because I don't want to go to them.

I have awareness overload: I am completely aware. Thank you. Please stop making me aware of autism now.

I don't mind hearing stories about your kids, because I think your kids are awesome, and I don't mind reading your rants because I think you guys are awesome. I just don't want to know about any more studies or articles or featured stories or anything. At least not for a little while.

("Oh my god, she's saying she wants to take a break from her kid! She's saying she's sick of her kid!!" Go ahead, somebody.... say that. I dare you.)