xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Update on the dead computer: It's dead

Monday, March 5, 2012

Update on the dead computer: It's dead

I have commandeered Child 1's shitty little full of cracker crumbs laptop, which means I can get online and feed my various addictions (I didn't read reddit all weekend. I think I have a rash now) and check my gmails. However, without the contents of my hard drive I'm practically crippled with the things I can't do. Like draw stuff. And see how much money I have in the bank. And, oh, I don't know.... WORK. Luckily most of my clients keep their own files on their own computers, but I had to reschedule one client this week, which means this shit is now costing me fucking money.

Anyway, the deal is that my hard drive is toast. My data is backed up (THANK YOU HUBS, OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU) but since the computer is still under warranty, I can't just throw a new drive in there without voiding it and I have to have Apple do the repairs, which will be for free, at least. But they had to order the drive, which won't come in until Wednesday or Thursday and so... I wait. I'm trying another Apple store this afternoon, which will mean THREE trips to the Apple store in the last three days. They're nice people in there, though; and they all wear blue.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to explain all of that to you guys, and yet.... here we are.

On the other hand, I did, like, 5 loads of laundry yesterday, I sorted all of Child 1's markers by color and size AND I cleaned the fucking toilets.

This sucks....