xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: More about circles, but this time they're *supposed* to be funny

Thursday, March 1, 2012

More about circles, but this time they're *supposed* to be funny

If you've been reading for a while, you may remember that a year or so ago I was quite, um... invested, shall we say, in my ranking on Top Mommy Blogs. Yeah, I wrote about it ... a few times.

See, I can be kind of, oh, I don't know, what's the word? Obsessive? Okay, I'll use that word, I guess: I can be kind of obsessive about things sometimes.

I know, right?? Can you even believe that?? I mean... ME?? Obsessive??? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!






*awkward silence*






Sooooooo, anyway..... I drove you guys nuts for a few months, begging for your clicks and chastising you for not clicking, and in general kind of being a nutty bitch about the whole thing. Eventually I forced myself to give up because I was starting to drive even myself crazy with the whole thing. This was very freeing, because the thing is, I really don't like doing shit like that. I'm uncomfortable "promoting" myself. I feel like a whore; and not the good kind of whore, either.  I have no problem helping you guys whore yourselves for things; in fact I support that 100% ! I just don't like doing it for myself. It feels weird and wrong and weird. And wrong. This is why I'll never write a book. Or run for office. (Actually, the real reason I'll never run for office is that there are wayyy too many skeletons that would come jumping out, screaming their bony asses off if I were ever under a spotlight, and I don't think anybody really needs to know about those).

So, here's the thing. I've been nominated again as one of the Top 25 Funny Moms on Circle of Moms, and, well... I think that's cool, for a few reasons. One of them is that I didn't nominate myself (seriously); somebody else nominated me, and I don't know who it was. In fact, I was also nominated last year, and I ended up actually being one of the Top 25 Funny Moms, and I still don't exactly know how that happened.

Anyway, I think this is cool, and I'm quite flattered by the whole thing (even if I think Amber should beat me because she's just funnier than I am, in my opinion), which is why I'm mentioning it here in this post. I would like to say thank you to whomever it was that nominated me for this, and I while I don't want to become obsessive about the whole thing (like last time) I also don't want to completely ignore it, because that would be ungracious and ungrateful and snobby and awkward.

SO. I am putting the linky/graphic thingy in my sidebar over there <--------------- (the one at the TOP, not to be confused with the one down further in the sidebar, which is my bragging trophy from last year) and I will not mention it again. I promise! No begging, no mentioning of what my ranking happens to be at any particular point in time, no NOTHING!

MOTHERFUCKING PINKY SWEARS.