xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: F-bomb potty mouth

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

F-bomb potty mouth

Child 2 has recently developed a potty mouth.

(I think I'll skip over the obvious jokes and just get to the point....)

It started with him yelling at the characters on Mario Kart, such as "WHAT THE FUCK, LUIGI???" and "FUCK YOU, YOSHI!!"

We had a little talk about the appropriateness of him using "grownup words;" threats of privilege loss were made, and then he started saying "freakin," instead.

Still not okay with me, although better than the alternative. On the other hand, it's really not that great when you hear "Where's my freakin' dinner, Mama?"

So, we had another talk, more threats were made... blah blah blah....

It has now changed to "F-bomb." Seriously. He says the letter "F" followed by the word "bomb." It's actually kind of funny. "I didn't get any F-bomb sleep last night!" and "I'm going to brush my F-bomb teeth!"

I guess it's an acceptable compromise, but I'm still not okay with it. Hubs and I tell him never ever ever ever to say these things at school, but we all know damn well that he's saying all the fucking curse words at school and has taught all of his little friends to do the same, because curse words are fun when you're 6!!

My point is as follows: Am I a hypocrite? I mean... I try.... really hard... to watch my language in front of the kids, but obviously I don't succeed all the time and I am clearly setting a bad example. Is it really fair of me to use this language around them and then demand that they don't? Even if we do have in depth discussions about the difference between "grownup words" and "kid words," remember that he's 6 and cursing is fun. I feel like a hypocrite.

On the other hand, is it really that much of a crime? Well, it's kind of creepy hearing the word "fucking" come out of the mouth of a 6 year old, but is it really that much of a problem? I guess it is, otherwise I wouldn't be talking about it right now.

Anyway, do you see what I'm saying here? What do you guys think?