xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: A Birthday Post, for Liza

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Birthday Post, for Liza

Well, Liza, here is your prize for winning my birthday quiz, per your request. I know that you had asked for a birthday "story," and this is more pictures than story, but I still can't really write. Sorry. So, instead, I've resurrected an old birthday post that I posted last January. Even if I could write, though, I probably would have still done this, because it is, without question, the best birthday party I've ever been to.



Here are some pictures of Child 1's first birthday party. I don't usually show pictures of my kids but I figured since these were taken 8 years ago and he doesn't look like this anymore, it should be okay. I did, however (obviously) Photoshop fix the writing that was on the cake, because it had a frosto.

This was obviously before the major food/sensory issues that he still has today; I cannot imagine him ever again getting this messy with food.

The cake. Since this was birthday #1, it was a carrot cake, made with only organic, all natural ingredients. *snicker* He had never had anything like it before, as you will soon see.

"Do you like my hat?" "No, I do not like this party hat."

"What is this substance you have given me? It is red and sticky. I am dubious."

"HOLY SHIT. THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER INVENTED. DON'T STOP ME, I'M GOIN' IN!"

"I approve of your food choices, Mother. Oh, yes. I do approve."