xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: It's my birthday and I'll be vain if I want to

Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's my birthday and I'll be vain if I want to

Excitement and/or interest not to scale
It's my birthday today!

YAY!

How old am I, you ask? Well, sure, I'd be glad to tell you: today I turn the 13th prime number. HORRAY!

So, since it's my birthday, I thought I'd be vain today. I mean, that's what blogging is, after all: an exercise in vanity. So why not take advantage of the combination of these two things happening in one day? I don't see why not.

And so... I have created a test. A test to see how well you've been paying attention over the last 15 or so months that I've been at this blogging thing. I know that not everybody has been reading since the beginning, actually only about 3 people have been, so I've made it easy for you by making this test open book. All the answers to the questions on this 11 question multiple choice test can be found within the pages of this blog (down at the very bottom of the left side column there is a search box). It should be pretty easy. Right?

MAYBE!

The winner will be the person who gets 100%. Should there be more than one person, I may award all of you, or I may randomly pick one or two. I don't know yet, it depends how many there are.

Said winner, of course, will get a prize; and you guys know that I always give prizes when I promise them... y'know, eventually. And the best part? THE BEST PART??? This time I want you to pick the prize. At the end of the test is a place for you to tell me what you want your prize to be if you win. It can be absolutely anything you want, with a few exceptions. AAAANYTHING.

I KNOW, right???

Here are the exceptions to the prize rule:

1. I'm not showing you a picture or a video of myself. Don't even bother complaining about it, Sara, it's just not going to happen!! So don't even ask!

2. Please make sure it's something that physics will allow me to do, I mean.... humans still can't fly and all that...

3. I am willing to spend some money but please don't break me; I'm not rich

4. I won't do anything that I am ethically or politically opposed to. So, while you might think that it would be hilarious to make me give a campaign contribution to Michele Bachmann... yeah, sorry, no...

The test is also completely anonymous, if you want it to be. It asks you for your name but you can always lie, and it doesn't capture your IP address when you submit your answers, so unless you want me to know, I will have absolutely no idea who the winner is. Anybody in the world is welcome to take it, (except Hubs) so all you need is some interest! (I assume that's the hard part). Not telling me who you are, however, won't stop me from awarding you the prize you requested. If you win? You get the prize.

Okay. SO! To take the test, simply click on the link to the test. You will then see this:
See, you can put whatever you want in there as your name, as long as you don't leave it blank, but you do need to put the correct Access Code, which is JILL. (If you can't remember the access code you probably won't do very well on the test, though. I'm just sayin).

At the end you will be asked, again, who you are and again, tell me whatever you want. Then it will ask you what you want your prize to be should you win. GO TO TOWN, PEOPLE!! Get creative!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the shit you guys can come up with.

Once you submit your answers, you will get a score telling you how well you did, but you will not get the answers. This is to prevent you from coming back and taking it again with the correct answers. Unfortunately, because the last question is "fill in the blank" if you get all the questions right, your score will only be 92%. It's confusing, don't ask, but you can get a pdf of your answers and see which ones you got right.

Once I think I've gotten enough submissions, I will turn the test off and come back here with the winner and the answers.

I'm turning off commenting for this post so if you have any questions, find me on twitter or email jillsmo at gmail.com. Are you sorry that you can't wish me a happy birthday? WELL YOU SHOULD BE SORRY. Actually, if you want to give me a present, you can go over to the sidebar there on the left and click on that juggling chick with the apron and the boobs; and then do that again every day that you come back. (this is the last time I will mention that, I promise).

Okay, now I feel icky for having been so annoyingly vain. Good thing this only happens once a year....

Oh, by the way, I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on this online testing software that I will probably never use again, so if anybody wants to borrow it, let me know, because I paid for a whole year and somebody might as well get some use out of it.