xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Songs I will never get sick of

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Songs I will never get sick of

When I find a new song or band, I tend to listen to them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Y'know, just like everybody else in the entire world does. And then I get sick of them because I've listened to them so many times and, sadly, can never, ever listen to them again. Or, at least, I need to take a 6 month break, but then when I hear them again I'm still kind of "meh" about the whole thing.

Today, however, I discovered that there was at least one song that, no matter how many times I played the thing to death, I have never gotten sick of. And, seriously? I've listening to this song a LOT. Like... a LOT. I know all the harmonies; really well. But even after however long its been, I'm still not sick of it. And maybe it's just such a fucking awesome song it has some built-in "never-get-sick-of" mechanism that does some sort of voodoo on your brain. And, also, the video? DROOL.


I and Love and You, Avett Brothers






And then I started thinking that there were probably other songs in the world that I also am not sick of, despite my obsessiveness. There aren't too many, but there are a few. You get all studio versions, since those are the versions I've played to death over the years.

Melissa, Allman Brothers







Cassidy, Grateful Dead but originally by Bob Weir on his solo album







Angel, Sarah McLachlan (reminds me of my brother)






What are yours?


Update: I just found another one. Oh, look! More Avett Brothers. There's that brain voodoo stuff again...